Friday 19 February 2016

Introduction...

Where to start... well welcome to my blog! I'm not the biggest fan of technology so after enrolling on BAPP Arts and learning the first two things I had to do were Skype and Blog I 'm not going to lie I was pretty nervous. But having started my reading I'm now feeling really excited about developing not only in my professional practice but also maybe learning lots about computers! 


So I'll start with a quick introduction, my name is Skye and for my whole life I've known I wanted to be a performer. All my life I've been described as dramatic, loud, confident, energetic and so like most children with one of more of these qualities I was involved in amateur dramatics from a very young age right through till... well now! 

I've never felt at home anywhere quite like I do when I'm on stage - something I'm sure most performers can relate to. 

I got my first feel for the professional world when went to an audition for the opening cast of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang which was to play at the London Palladium. 

Eventually, (after 5 recalls!) on my 10th birthday, I was told I was in. 
Of course this now meant all my family were sure I was going to be a superstar but to date this is still the best professional performing gig I have ever got! 

I danced all through school gaining ISTD levels in tap, modern, ballet and jazz along side my GCSEs. I then went onto A levels in Dance, Drama, Theatre Studies and a Btec in Dance. 


Then it was time to start auditioning. 

I got into several of my top colleges but due to high fees there was no way I was going to be able to go without full funding and I was lucky enough to be offered a full DaDa scholarship to attend Millennium Performing Arts. 
I graduated from MPA in 2013 with a level 6 National Trinity Diploma in Dance and Performance. This is something I am enormously proud of as I found the 3 years of training incredibly hard at times.  

After graduating I was offered a job at a local performance school, coaching kids in dance and performance. Very soon after taking this post I knew that being a teacher was something that suited me perfectly. Being able to share my love of performance, helping others develop new skills and grow in confidence - nothing else could make me happier!  


So that's me! The BAPP Arts course being my first step to becoming a fully qualified teacher! 

I'm really excited to be working along side like minded performers and learning lots from you all. 

Thanks for reading!  







2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's good to know there is a great dance and performance teacher up there in the future. Looking forward to more of the blog about your journey. It promises to be exciting.

    ReplyDelete