Tuesday 23 February 2016

Task 1D: 2D Images

For this task I wanted to try an alternative method of uploading images, one that I perhaps hadn't used before. 
I'm not the biggest user of social media in general but I do use Facebook to share photos with friends and I have also just opened an Instagram account (I know I'm a bit behind!)

So I decided to open a Flickr account to share some images. 
I started thinking about why people upload photos to sites like Flickr and Instagram. 
Are they telling a story, is it about showing their personality, making some kind of point, sharing a passion or simply just connecting with people? 
Sharing 2D images can do all of these things and more.

However when sharing images do people really think about what they are sharing and how many people it has the potential to reach. So the question to ask yourself is, who do you want your online personality to be? 

So when choosing photos to upload I kept this is mind. I want to keep my online profile looking professional, but accessible. I uploaded images that I think are interesting, mostly they are professional images taken of me during jobs or shows that I feel will give others an insight to my experiences within the performance industry but are also not too personal.    

Once I had got to grips with the site I realised Flickr is a great example of Web 2.0. It's not only an online space where you can store images but it encourages you to be interactive and share with other Flickr users. 

Please have a look at my Flickr account by clicking on the link skyetupholmeFlickr

No comments:

Post a Comment