Wednesday 24 February 2016

Task 1C: Audio Visual

Of all the tasks in module one this is the one that filled me with the most dread. 
During my first few tasks I have tackled several new types of technology that I had not previously experienced but there was something about having to sit in front of a camera, come up with something half decent to say, film myself and then upload it onto the internet for everyone to see, that is just too daunting!

So I began to think about all the different types of media that I have been exposing myself to within the last few tasks, the idea of an online personality and I realised  that there was no need to simply make a video of myself talking, and in fact a video that communicates with images, music and thought posts is much more what Web 2.0 is all about. 
The daily use of social media is the way majority of our generation communicate now and that is the inspiration I used when creating my video. 

I have never had experience creating or even editing my own video so I found this quite a challenge! But once I had got to grips with the program I actually really enjoyed making my video and its defiantly something I'll be doing again. 






I have used YouTube previously to showcase some of my own choreography with videos taken at the end of classes I have taught (videos not edited by me!). It's not something I haven't done for a while but I think it is great to have a small archive to look back on. 
If you want to have a watch you can find some of them in my Playlists under "Contemporary Dance". 

To go to my YouTube channel click on the link skyetupholmeYouTube
  

2 comments:

  1. Skye, the recurring use of 'the sky's the limit' says it all. You have incorporated the philosophy of the course as professional practice - and given this your own interpretation in this creative exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paula. It's a phrase that has been told to me time and time again throughout my life by various people so I thought it would be a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete