Sunday 21 February 2016

Task 1A: Professional Profile


At school I was taught about the 'dos and don't' for the perfect CV. Suggestions on what information should be provided, how it should be laid out, how many pages it should be and so on. I very quickly learned that realistically there is no such thing as a perfect CV!

I knew I wanted to be a performer, and then possibly a teacher one day, but as most performers know there are often other jobs that you end up taking along the way. 
Whether it be in retail, bar work, waitressing (for me it was being a barista) we all have to make a living. 
And that's where the dilemma of the "multiple CVs" starts. 

I have attached two versions of different CVs I have used over the last few years. 

The first is my performance CV. 

The second I developed in slightly more detail, listing fewer jobs but going into more specifics. 
Personally I'm unsure as to which is more effective and would love to hear some feedback!

I also find one of my personal biggest struggles is the layout and making sure all the information is coherent and simple to understand.

I'm really interested to see how other professionals combat the layout and the "multiple CV" situation. 








No comments:

Post a Comment