Saturday 30 April 2016

Task 3D - Critical Questions and issues that emerge

Having look in more detail at my networks I already feel I am heading in the right direction to organise and make to most out of my networking, both current and future.  

The main source of help and information I have found throughout Module one is just the connection of BAPP's student blogs. Below are some of the comments and thoughts I have had when reading other students ideas...

I had noe even thought about using DVDs as a source of information but of course they are. Ian also quite a visual learner and find watch tutorials and videos on YouTube incredibly useful. However you only briefly touch on using YouTube in the Internet section of your blog. Would you say you find it more or less efficient than using DVDs for a source of information? Do you ever find any of the copy right laws stop you from using online video sites to there full potential?

---

I also found it helpful to split my networks into categories, however I went for much more basic, a 'personal' and 'professional' section. I was having some difficulty as many of the people in my groups overlapped in different circumstances. I have found your 4 groups extremely helpful in being able to understand my own networks. Have you ever found that people can develop into different categories as you get to know them and as you change your relationship with them? I'm also interested to know if you feel you would address these different groups in different manners, for example, the language and format in which you speak to each group?

---

I really enjoyed this post, I actually copied the link into mown blog as I feel you raise some really good points. 
The main talking point for me was how you say you don't blog names and keep all social media separate from you blog. Have you ever had any trouble with students finding your online presence? Does the school you work at have any specific guidelines for having an online presence or its it just something you do for personal reasons? 

---

I also found it useful to split my networks into categories, personal and professional, but as I was writing the list I found lots of people fit into both and some people were in one or the other depending on the circumstances. Did you find anything similar to this? For example a fellow dancer who you would class as an equal may one day be choreographing a show you are in, would you speak to them in the same manner or would it become more formal because of the circumstance? 

---

I have also used The Hustle to help find work and information before, but I have found its usefulness can vary. Much like some sites like StarNow, I'm never 100% convinced that the job is going to be legit. I know the have recently been trying to create some guidelines to stop this from happening but I would be interested to know if you had any pointers to sussing out the useful information from the rest? Are you part of any other Facebook groups/websites that help promote similar information? 

---

I also use YouTube as a massive source of information. It can be a great visual aid for learning new things. In the past I have used YouTube for uploading videos so that students were able to watch choreography or something we had performed in class, but having recently become more aware of different networks and keeping my online profile private from pupils I wondered if this was an issue you had ever come across?Would you ever use YouTube in a way that pupils could access your videos or do you only use it for personal research?  

---

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Skye I agree that networks can change and merge - they are not static - but dynamic - ever-changing - I think that is their fascination. Visual and audio-visual - computers brought back the visual and audio - they represent the Kinesthetic http://vark-learn.com/strategies/kinesthetic-strategies/

    ReplyDelete