Tuesday 29 November 2016

More thoughts on Ethics

Over my last few blogs I have been looking into the ethics surrounding my workplace. 

The biggest issue (as I began discussing in my last blog) is that I work a lot with children and so far most of my research has been aimed at looking into child development and education. 

On reflection and as I am progressing further with narrowing down my topic I have come to see that doing an inquiry based on any kind of feedback or involvement directly from children is not something I wish to get into within my inquiry. 
The issues regarding dealing with under 18 years olds are very important and I still feel I will be able to gain sufficient data simply by talking to others who are involved with learning through play and other development techniques. 

This change in thought process has lead me to look into some other development tools, that are not specifically aimed at children.  
The use of Drama-Therapy or Play-Therapy.

In my initial research I have found lots of direct links between the research I have been looking at with children 'learning through play' and how people of all ages develop, learn and are aided through the means of drama and performance.  

With this slight shift in focus (away from children) I felt I needed some more guidance so I have organised a Skype with Module 3 student Kayleigh Huges who has also been looking into Drama-Therapy. 
I am really looking forward to seeing how her initial ideas have developed and getting some advice on how to move forward from this point. 

Blog on this to come soon! 



References 

http://www.nadta.org/what-is-drama-therapy.html

http://badth.org.uk/dtherapy

No comments:

Post a Comment