Thursday 10 November 2016

Task 4B - SIGs

One of the most useful SIGs I have found has been the Facebook group set up a few weeks ago for Module 2 students. 
It's great to have direct contact and an open forum with all the other students going through the same process. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BAPPArts

I am also part of another BAPP Arts Facebook group set up by one of the Module 3 students. 
This has helped me to reach out to the students who have been through the process and are further into their professional development. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1772278123061723/

I have also recently been talking to Mariele Zammit, another Module 2 student. 
Mariele and I were in the same year at college and had 3 hard years of training together! 
She has recently started back on BAPP in Arts again and it was great to be able to talk to her about my ideas and what she has been up to since college.
It turns out she has been working full time as a Drama teacher, something I am greatly interested in, so it was great to pick her brain! 
Because of this she is also the perfect person to get some feedback from regarding my current line of inquiry - what skills children learn from engaging in performing arts. 

I asked her a few key questions that I have been developing, (these questions will also be the start of my questionnaire research!) 


- Do you think going to the theatre/ watching performances influences young children?
-  Can taking part in performing help young children become more engaged in other areas of life? If so what? 
-  What other skills do children learn from engaging in performing?
- Have you ever used a "learning through play" technique?
- Have you ever used any other child development techniques? If so which one?


I am also connecting with a some other BAPP students who I have found are researching similar topics to me, Rebecca Jones and Laura Jayne I am hoping we will be able to bounce some ideas around in a Skype session very soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment