Thursday 10 November 2016

New job

So far Module two has not gone as well as I had hoped... 

I started out with several interesting topics to look into (I unfortunately haven't got round to blogging much of my research so far) and yet I am still to decided on one topic point to move forward with into the the part of the Module. 

I believe one big factor that has been holding me back it that I recently decided to leave my job. This decision was made for a number of reasons, one of which was that I felt I didn't have enough time to focus on this course. 
Ironically I now feel this has left me at a huge disadvantage as I no longer have a work place to do any WBL in! Because of this I feel I am beginning to fall behind.

I have had several job offers so far but ideally I want to do something that is going to aid me in this next section of my course. 
So I have taken a position working at a kids play centre. This is a job where I am able to combine my skills as a manager with my love of performing arts and my intentions to become a teacher. 
In this role I am going to be hosting parties, running toddlers mornings, entertaining and working with children on a daily bases. 

Based on this change in my career I am going to re evaluate some of my topics and look into something that I feel will be the most beneficial to me moving forward with this new role. 


"Recognising knowledge in the workplace will be important in identifying topics or

issues that could benefit from professional inquiry."

Pulling on my original ideas from Tasks 2D and 4A these are some topics I will now look into,

- The influence of theatre on young children
-  Can Performing Arts can help young children become more engaged 
-  What skills do children learn from engaging in Performing Arts 

Any comments/ helpful ideas would be much appreciated! 



References

WBS 3630 Module 2 Reader 4, Middlesex University, Page 12 





No comments:

Post a Comment